Has fame gone to talented couple’s heads?
Lovely Ingenue (LI) says there’s really something about a measure of fame that spoils people—like the talented couple (TC), who rose from the ranks of a theater musical and has since crossed to mainstream show biz.
This we learned when Inquirer Entertainment crossed paths with LI, who has appeared with TC onstage. TC used to be close to the cast of the popular production. But it sure looked like relative fame, LI said, had driven a wedge between TC and their coactors. “Now, you can hardly ‘feel’ them, even when they’re around,” she said.
Not only has TC become “a little distant,” it also felt like TC has just been doing the show to stay visible on the theater scene. When we asked LI what she thought “changed,” she said, “Siguro dahil marami nang raket sina TC sa labas. Kani-kanyang paraan lang ‘yan to survive—and they sure know how to play the game. But don’t get me wrong—I still love TC.” Aww.
Let’s hope the feeling is mutual.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Batang Pinoy Peter Rosalita binigyan ng standing ovation sa ‘AGT 2021’ audition; mga judge na-shock. (Pinoy pride!)
• Jake Zyrus: Kung akala ng iba joke lang ang pagiging transman ko, it’s not! (Let’s hope he can talk more about his music soon—that’s what is more important, isn’t it?)
• Hater “sunog” kay Alex Gonzaga: Nakausap ko si Ariana Grande, OK naman at happy siya sa married life niya! (Eh ‘di kayo na ang close.)
• Heart Evangelista nagbilad ng kaseksihan sa beach: Mukha kang ‘angel mermaid’. (If you’ve got it, flaunt it.)
• Rabiya Mateo umaming hiwalay na sa nonshowbiz BF: It’s complicated … (Breakups always are…)
• Rabiya sa “kabit” issue: ‘Yun ‘yung pinakamasakit, kahit naghirap kami, never ko ‘yon ginawa. (#AribaRabiya)
• Maris Racal umaming maligaya sa piling ni Rico Blanco: I think it is very obvious … (Love knows no limits.)
• Ate Guy naturukan na rin ng COVID vaccine matapos dumaan sa tamang proseso. (It’s about time…!)
• Pops Fernandez takot na takot nang isugod sa ospital ang anak: We worried, we cried and we prayed a lot! (Which mother wouldn’t be scared?)
• Alessandra de Rossi: Ang yayabang sa internet, puro lait pero in person wala namang personality! (That’s called “hitting the nail on the head.”)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.