Marinduque logs 7 new COVID-19 cases
LUCENA CITY—Marinduque’s COVID-19 cases rose to 317 with seven new infections recorded by local health authorities on Black Saturday.
The Marinduque Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (PESU), in its bulletin issued at 5 p.m. said the seven new patients – Boac (3); Mogpog (3), and Santa Cruz (1) – were the only “positive” among 21 new test results.
No other details on the new virus carriers were provided except they all contracted the virus in the province.
As of April 3, the province, which remains under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) status, still has 15 active cases – Mogpog (6); Boac (5) and Santa Cruz (4).
The province has logged 288 recoveries and 14 fatalities since the pandemic was declared in March last year.
Report said out of the 317 COVID-19 cases, at least 297 were contracted locally while 20 of them got the infection from outside of the province.
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.