TUGUEGARAO CITY—The most stringent form of community quarantine in the Philippines will be imposed on this city starting March 30 to April 8 as a surge in COVID-19 cases threaten to go out of control, officials said.
At a news briefing on Monday (March 29) afternoon, Mayor Jefferson Soriano said only persons authorized to leave their homes would be allowed to be out on the streets during the 10-day enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
The city had been on modified general community quarantine before COVID-19 cases spiked.
Soriano said visitors’ passes issued by the local government, except for those for essential purposes, have been suspended.
At least 568 active COVID-19 cases were recorded in the city as of Monday.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.