MANILA, Philippines — Generally fair weather conditions will prevail throughout the country on Wednesday but chances of rain remain, said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
The fair weather in Luzon is caused by the ridge of high pressure, according to Pagasa weather specialist Ana Clauren.
“Dito sa Metro Manila at nalalabing bahagi ng Luzon patuloy ang maaliwalas na panahon,” said Clauren in weather report late Tuesday afternoon.
(Here in Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, the clear and fair weather will continue.)
“Mainit sa umaga at tanghali ngunit pagsapit ng hapon at gabi, mataas ang posibilidad ng mga panandaliang buhos ng ulan dala ng localized thunderstorms,” she added.
(It will be hot in the morning and noon but in the afternoon and evening, there will be a high probability of short-term showers due to localized thunderstorms.)
Generally fair weather is also forecast for both Visayas and Mindanao; however, Clauren reminded the public that chances for scattered rain showers due to thunderstorms remain high.
Listed below are temperature ranges in key cities/areas across the country for Wednesday:
- Metro Manila: 26 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 25 to 35 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 20 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Clauren also said that no gale warning was raised over the country’s seaboards, but warned of moderate to rough seas in the northern and eastern seaboards of Luzon.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.