Facade of the UP – Philippine General Hospital (Image from the PGH website)
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine General Hospital (PGH) and the Makati Medical Center (MMC) are not overwhelmed by COVID-19 cases, the Department of Health (DOH) said.
According to the DOH, most of the patients of state-owned PGH are non-COVID cases while MMC has availability for COVID-19 cases, should there be a surge of infections.
“MMC has already issued a clarification of its carefully managed operations and availability for COVID-19 cases should there be a spike (there is none),” the DOH said in a post on social media Saturday evening.
“PGH has clarified that being a public service hospital in high demand, it is occupied by mostly non-COVID-19 cases, and is simply advising the public to please coordinate admissions first,” it added.
While hospital utilization rate remains “manageable,” there was a “slight increase” in COVID-19 admissions in private hospitals, the Private Hospital Association of the Philippines said last week.
The health department reminded the public to properly wear a face mask, isolate when sick, get vaccinated, and ensure good airflow.
The country logged 213 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the active infections to 2,436.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .