Backbite in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
by Josh Bianc
June 4, 2022
What is Backbite in Tagalog?
BACKBITE IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Backbite means to talk maliciously about someone who is not present.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “PANINIRA.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- He was tired of all the backbiting and gossip in the office.
- Teenage girls tend to backbite each other and talk mess when they’re with their other friends.
- Because Jenn wasn’t there to defend herself, it was unfair for the other women to backbite and gossip about her.
- They beguiled the time by backbiting and intriguing each other in a foolish kind of way.
- Avoid most suspicions, verily some suspicion is a sin, and do not look out for faults and do not backbite one another.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Pagod na siya sa lahat ng paninira at tsismis sa opisina.
- Ang mga teenager na babae ay may posibilidad na manirang-puri sa isa’t isa at makipag-usap ng gulo kapag kasama nila ang iba pa nilang mga kaibigan.
- Dahil wala si Jenn para ipagtanggol ang sarili, hindi patas para sa ibang mga babae na manira at magtsismis tungkol sa kanya.
- Dinadaya nila ang oras sa pamamagitan ng paninirang-puri at pag-iintriga laban sa isa’t isa sa isang hangal na paraan.
- Iwasan ang karamihan sa mga hinala, dahil ang ilang hinala ay kasalanan at huwag tumingin sa mga kamalian at huwag manirang-puri sa isa’t isa.
You may also read: Endeavour in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.