Vico Sotto Defended Netizens Against Attack From Pasig VM Iyo Bernardo
by Jhen Green
January 19, 2022
Iyo Bernardo has this fierce statement against Vico Sotto
Netizens defended Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto against the recent attack coming from Vice Mayor Iyo Bernardo.
In a video that was posted on the Twitter account of ABS-CBN reporter Kat Domingo, Bernardo slammed Sotto because of the latter’s statement during a flag ceremony last week.
The Pasig City Mayor said that the Vice Mayor, who is frequently absent in meetings, has been ignoring his text messages. Sotto also said that people who have the right to criticize other people are those who are performing their responsibilities well.
In his retaliation, Bernardo said that Sotto is just using social media to make him look good in the eyes of the public. The Vice Mayor also stressed that the fact that no one ran against him last election is proof of his good performance.
Because of this, the name of Vico Sotto and Pasig became a trending topic on Twitter on Wednesday. However, many netizens disagreed with what the Vice Mayor said, instead, they defended the Mayor.
Here are some of the tweets from netizens who rallied behind Mayor Vico.
Iyo Bernardo is running against Vico Sotto in the mayoralty race this coming May 2022 elections. When the Vice Mayor declared that he is running for mayor, he said that it was nothing personal and he is just giving Pasiguenos another option.
Bernardo added in his statement back in October 2021 that he realized that the lives of people in Pasig did not improve amid the pandemic. Despite having this statement against him, Vico Sotto asked his supporters to avoid “mudslinging”. Last week, the young mayor said that politicking should not be prioritized right now.
What can you say about this?