SAN ANTONIO, Zambales — At least 10 more COVID-19 deaths and 161 new cases were registered in this province in the last two days (Aug. 21-22), an official said.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the latest fatalities were patients aged 32-88. Most of them suffered from other ailments and died due to COVID-19 complications such as pneumonia and other respiratory problems.
The latest data from the provincial health office showed that 50 of the new cases were reported on Saturday and 111 new cases were reported on Sunday. At least 17 of them are medical health workers residing in the province.
To date, the province has registered a total of 5,362 confirmed COVID-19 cases since last year. At least 730 of these remained active while 4,475 have already recovered and 157 have died.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this