Call her persnickety. Aging Star (AS) loves throwing her weight around just to “stay relevant”—even when she has long ceased to be. When the marketing group behind AS’ latest production began drumming up interest for the project, it had to send AS a copy of the press release they prepared for distribution.
But while the think tank behind the release thought they did a pretty good job at making the lead actors “look good” in the publicity material, it turned out that there was something they wrote that didn’t sit well with AS: The write up described AS as a “veteran actress!” “Change the word ‘veteran’ because that could be misconstrued as saying I’m old!” AS demanded. However, when AS’ producer heard about the needless ruckus, he told his PR team to retain the word “veteran” and quipped, “Tell her ‘no.’ Who does AS think she is—a member of PBB Teens?” Ouch naman.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Tambalang Jennylyn Mercado-Xian Lim kasado na: ‘Love, Die, Repeat’ coming soon! (Looks promising. Let’s hope it lives up to its promise.)
• Kris Bernal hindi nakakatulog dahil sa problema sa negosyo; ginagawa ang lahat para sa 17 empleyado. (Conscientious boss.)
• Kylie Verzosa handang isugal ang buhay para sa magandang pelikula ngayong pandemya. (The things people do for their art…)
Kathryn Bernardo (left) and Daniel Padilla
• Daniel Padilla aminadong nagkamali noon kay Kathryn Bernardo. (Admission of guilt is a sign of maturity.)
• Sharon Cuneta kay Osang Roces: I really love this woman … alam kong hindi niya ako tatraydurin. (Whew. Just how many traitors are in Mega’s midst? Scary, huh!)
• John Prats huling lock-in taping na para sa ‘Probinsyano’, iiwan na nga ba si Coco Martin? (Some good things never last.)
• Jaclyn Jose inaatake na ng depresyon dahil sa pandemya: Nakakatakot. (We feel you!)
• Maja Salvador ibinuking na nanligaw sa kanya noon si Enchong Dee; na-enjoy ang pagsampal kay Coco Martin. (The woman is such a tattler.)
• Anak ni Ai-Ai delas biktima ng hit-and-run sa US; kotse nahulog sa bangin. (Like a scene from a movie. Glad he’s OK.)
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox