SAN ANTONIO, Zambales—A public official and two teachers were among the 22 newly reported cases of COVID-19 on Sunday (June 27), an official said.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health office, said the public official is a 50-year-old man from Palauig town who was infected by his colleague.
Bueno said the two teachers are from San Marcelino town. One of them was exposed to her husband while it was not immediately known how the other teacher contracted the virus.
The other new cases include a fireman, a school canteen worker, a medical technologist, teens and those belonging to the same households.
To date, the province has recorded 3,335 COVID-19 cases since last year and at least 2,662 of them had already been healed from the viral disease.
The province death toll remained at 75 while the active cases rose to 597.
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.