While she may have had her share of successes on both the small and big screens, Sizzling Missy (SM) hasn’t really become the huge star she’s always wanted to be. In fact, SM has always played second fiddle to her more popular or more charismatic BFFs.
When the group she was once affiliated with unexpectedly found itself in trouble, SM flew the coop as soon as she could and put up her own group, apparently to create projects that could showcase her underutilized “skills.” More than that, SM can now call the shots!
But SM may have overreached her newfound perception of power and independence. When SM was tapped to become the endorser of a local company, she started making unreasonable conditions that not even Hollywood stars would demand. One annoyed journo said, “Feeling sikat si starlet. Afraid of her own shadow?”
Yup, SM does not want to talk about her love life and the company she left behind. She’s probably wary about people resurrecting the issue of the “forbidden” romance she found herself in: SM became the new girlfriend of Wandering Lothario, who used to be her best friend’s former squeeze! Tsk tsk. Can you blame people for talking behind SM’s back? INQ
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Herbert Bautista nagpaalala sa mga artistang sasabak sa Eleksyon 2022: Hindi sapat ang kasikatan, dapat … (Hmm. Looks like Bistek hasn’t been to the Senate.)
• Jessy Mendiola pinatunayang hindi peke ang boobs: Actually, bigat na bigat na ako sa aking hinaharap. (Is she saying that, uh, “less is more”?
• Camille Prats sa mga hindi natutuwa sa kanyang pagpayat: Wala akong nakikitang mali sa katawan ko. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.)
• Maymay Entrata sinagot na ang tanong kung si Donny Pangilinan nga ba ang “mystery boyfriend.” (You mean she’s … into him? Tee-hee. Is it time for #MayDon fans to rejoice?)
• Beauty Gonzalez ilang araw hindi nakatulog bago nagdesisyong maging Kapuso; nag-“I love you” sa bashers. (Which line does she go by: “Love your enemy” or “Killing with kindness”?)
• Aiko Melendez sa graduation ni Andre Yllana: Hindi madali ang pinagdaanan ko para mapagtapos ang anak ko. (Way to go, single mom Aiko!)
• Mike Hanopol tinamaan din ng COVID, pamilya at fans nag-alay ng dasal. (Get well soon, Mr. Jeproks! We’re rooting for you.)
• Museum ni Dolphy, resort-hotel ni Zsa Zsa Padila, Quizon family itatayo sa Batangas. (Such devotion!)
• Gerald Anderson pinagsisilbihan nang bongga si Julia Barretto; muling nag-date sa private resort. (Can you blame people for asking, “Until when?”)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.