SAN ANTONIO, Zambales –– The active cases of COVID-19 in this province rose to 667 with 30 new infections on Sunday, June 6.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said among the new cases were four government workers aged 19-50.
Two of them work as encoders who were exposed to an infected co-worker.
The other is a driver, while another works as an executive assistant of an official.
Bueno said the other new cases, aged 7-80, were patients exposed to their relatives or fellow workers.
At least 35 patients infected with the virus had also recovered from the disease on the same day bringing the number of recoveries in the province to 2,052.
To date, the province listed a total of 2,777 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic started last year, and 57 of them had died.
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.