MANILA, Philippines — The PBA remains with a wait-and-see approach as far as its planned opening for its 46th season is concerned.
League commissioner Willie Marcial said the next Inter-Agency Task Force announcement regarding the country’s lockdown measures is crucial to the PBA’s next move.
“We’re just waiting what the status will be on June 15,” said Marcial in Filipino during a press conference Saturday.
On Monday, the government announced that the National Capital Region Plus will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ).
“I will write and present again to the task force on June 15,” said Marcial.
Marcial also said the PBA is targeting to return to play either during the last week of June or the first week of July.
PBA teams have already started practicing with nine ball clubs training in Batangas, Meralco and TNT in Laoag, Ilocos Norte and NLEX in Clark, Pampanga.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.