SAN ANTONIO, Zambales—The spread of COVID-19 in the province slowed on Sunday (May 2) with only eight new cases recorded that day, an official said.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the new cases involved patients as young as three and as old as 70 in four of the province’s 13 towns.
Local health data showed that some of new infections were contracted from relatives living in the same household.
The province did not record any COVID-19 death and recovery that day.
In the last two days, at least 63 new COVID-19 cases were logged in Zambales.
As of Sunday, the province’s active COVID-19 cases rose to 274 out of 1,866 infections since 2020.
At least 1,551 patients in the province had already recovered from the disease.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.