Like Washed-up “Biritera” (WB) whose handler gives away free tickets to make sure WB’s concerts look like SRO affairs, Over-the-hill Crooner (OC) makes mountains out of molehills in a desperate attempt to remain relevant in an industry that considers OC’s music as “Jurassic” as the hits he used to churn out.
OC recently dug his career a deeper grave after he turned off a well-meaning scribe who just wanted to drum up viewers’ interest for his latest endeavor—a musty, outdated and bland concept marketed as a brand-new product. OC wanted Veteran Writer (VW) to “dot the i’s and cross the t’s” his way—yes, he wanted everything done his way, even if VW was just doing OC a favor.
OC better get off his high horse before he gets on more writers’ bad side—especially now that his once-pristine voice is no longer as easy on the ear as it used to be. Cautionary lesson learned.
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top show biz news from the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Alden Richards hiyang-hiya nang ipa-tattoo ng female fan ang pangalan niya: Grabe naman to! (Maybe he didn’t like the location of the tattoo…?)
• Wish ni Alice Dixson, at 51, natupad makalipas ang 10 taon: May baby na! (Never too late and never too old to realize one’s long-cherished dreams.)
• Mega pinaiyak ng driver na 35 taon nang nagseserbisyo sa kanya: Hindi mo ako iniwan at pinabayaan… (Seems like almost every thing makes her cry these days.)
• Bahay ni Andi Eigenann sa Siargao gagawing bed & breakfast. (Looks like motherhood has sharpened Andi’s entrepreneurial skills.)
• COVID-19 hirit ni Anne Curtis sa pamahalaan: So what is the plan? What are the next steps? (We hear you, Anne. We’ve had the same question since last year.)
• Yam Concepcion ipinagtanggol si Gerald Anderson sa mga nagsasabing, ‘Naku, matinik sa babae ‘yan! Hindi loyal.’ (Some things are indefensible.)
• Gerald na-feel na kailangan nang ibandera ang relasyon kay Julia Barretto: Nabunutan ako ng tinik! (Wonder where the “tinik” is now?)
• Baron Geisler sa pumanaw na ina: Dahil sa long hair ko at bigote feeling ko akala niya si Jesus ako, sumusundo. (Uh, take another guess, Baron…)
• ‘Nakakaloka ang pa-house tour ni Kiray Celis sa Tagaytay! (Does that make Kiray luka-luka?)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.