SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES – Twelve new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases were recorded in Olongapo City on Saturday, March 27, officials said.
In a statement, Mayor Rolen Paulino Jr. said there was a survivor among the new COVID-19 patients.
The 37-year-old man, a government employee in the Subic Bay Freeport, was already infected last year.
It was not immediately known how he was reinfected by the virus.
Paulino said four of the other new infections, including a 6-month-old baby boy, belong to a family and were exposed to a household member.
The new infections raised to 1,118 the total COVID-19 cases in the city since the pandemic started, and 37 of these are active carriers.
Olongapo also registered 1,032 recoveries and 49 deaths related to COVID-19. INQ
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.