SAN ANTONIO, Zambales –– A fast-food chain in the capital town of Iba in Zambales was temporarily closed after 10 of its employees tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), authorities said on Wednesday.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the infection was traced to one of the crew.
But it was not immediately known how the crew member contracted the virus.
At least nine of the patient’s fellow workers later tested positive for COVID-19 as well.
Customers of the fast-food chain’s drive-thru from March 11-12 were asked to report to the Iba rural health unit for monitoring.
As of Tuesday, Zambales recorded 1,117 COVID-19 cases since last year, with 145 of them still active.
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.